The flaw impacts the following Philips Ultrasound Systems:
- Ultrasound ClearVue Versions 3.2 and prior
- Ultrasound CX Versions 5.0.2 and prior
- Ultrasound EPIQ/Affiniti Versions VM5.0 and prior
- Ultrasound Sparq Version 3.0.2 and prior and
- Ultrasound Xperius all versions
The flaw has been addressed for Ultrasound EPIQ/Affiniti systems in the VM6.0 release. Users of these systems should get in touch with their Philips representative for further information on downloading the update.
Users of all other impacted systems will have to wait until Q4, 2020 for an update to be released. Philips will address the flaw in Ultrasound ClearVue Version 3.3, Ultrasound CX Version 5.0.3, and Ultrasound Sparq Version 3.0.3 release in Q4 2020.
Meanwhile, as an interim step, Philips recommends users ensure their service providers guarantee device integrity during service and repair operations. It is also important to implement physical security measures to stop unauthorized access to the devices.